We don’t know how you feel right now. But we can tell you that we do know what a broken heart feels like. We also know that grief hurts terribly. Here are 7 things about grief that everyone needs to know:
- Grief is inconceivably painful. The grieving process can be so messy. We want to applaud you for showing up and being open to starting the journey of your healing.
- We know that you feel like you want to sleep all day. We know that you want this to stop so that you can get off this train.
- We also know that you are stronger than you feel right now.
- Erica and I thought we would never make it through this. We have clients telling us, “I can’t do this.” We are here to tell you that YOU CAN and we will support you through it.
- Here is an encouraging thought for you to consider: Your best days are not behind you. There are still more good days to come.
- You cannot fix this pain by rationalizing it. It is demands to be felt and not explained away.
- There are a specific set of action steps to help you process and recover from the pain in your heart.
- Acknowledge that this is grief. Learn the true definition of grief. Do a complete inventory of your relationship. Do the heart-work (homework).
We are writing this email to let you know that we were grievers too.
Many days, moving on seemed like an unsurmountable task.
We were each other’s cheerleaders and we had a lot to learn.
Are you confident or are you second-guessing your decisions and feeling overwhelmed by the prospect of the work and strength required for your healing process?
This is to tell you we are here with you and will be with you ever step of the way.
Let’s share our grief.
Sharon and Erica.